1. Who we are:
We are Tyrrell Solicitors of 56 Percy Lane, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our data protection representative is Margaret O’Flaherty.
2. Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
A. For people who view and interact with our website
We process data to respond to your query when sent through to our ‘contact us’ form for Tyrrell Solicitors or for contact forms for other selected professionals who promote their services on Lawyer.ie.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our website services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our firm’s legal services. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We share this data with our client relationship management system provider and website management consultants. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose.
We will retain this data for a period of six years.*
B. For our potential clients, we process data:
- in order to market the services of our firm
- to allow you to contact other selected professional services firms who promote their services on Lawyer.ie
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our firm in promoting our services.
We will retain this data for six years.*
C. For solicitors and barristers that we liaise with on client matters, we process data:
- In order to liaise with you about our client matters
- Facilitate website users to contact other firms directly for specialist services that may not be provided by our firm.
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our firm in representing our clients.
We share the information you provide with our practice management system in order to store your contact information with our client file. We may also send you emails through our email service provider.
We will retain this data for six years.*
*Where deemed necessary under applicable laws certain data may be retained for 12 years.
3. Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer data relating our website to web service providers located outside the EEA. The safeguard we have put in place for this transfer is to enter into European Commission approved standard contractual clauses with the provider.
4. Information received from third parties and the source of that data
We collect IP address and other location information from contact forms and pages for aggregate analytics and security purposes from services providers including Wufoo contact management system.
5. Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
• right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
• right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
• right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
• right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
•. Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
6. Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we may not be able respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you on client matters or assess your suitability for a role within our firm.
7. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.